Withdrawing from a pension

Flexi-access drawdown (FAD)

Key pension facts
Withdrawing from a pension

Flexi-access drawdown is one of the forms of income drawdown through which you can draw benefits from your pension. 

You normally take out the first 25% as a tax-free lump sum (known as the Pension Commencement Lump Sum (PCLS)) and then take the rest flexibly as and when you choose – you can take lump sums when you need them or take a regular income, or a combination of these; any money you are not taking from the pension pot remains invested and can continue to grow in value.

If you have opted for FAD you can still end up buying an annuity with what you have left over.

See also our retirement planning blog post.

We’ll never leave you high and dry

Our customer support team is rated "Excellent" and is always on hand to help you. There are 3 ways you can contact us:
tick red icon

Log in to our website and chat to us

tick red icon

Email us on support@myraindrop.co.uk

tick red icon

Call us on 02039517253

Close Cookie Preference Manager
Cookie Settings
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage and assist in our marketing efforts.
Strictly Necessary (Always Active)
Cookies required to enable basic website functionality.
Made by Flinch 77
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.