Withdrawing from a pension

What is a Pension Commencement Lump Sum (PCLS)?

Withdrawing from a pension
Key pension facts

A pension commencement lump sum refers to a lump sum that is withdrawn tax-free, once you crystallise your pension funds. It is paid after you have reached a normal minimum pension age, which is currently 55.

As of 6th April 2023, you’ll be able to take 25% of your pension as a tax-free lump sum on the first £1,073,100. You’ll pay tax on the remaining 75% at your marginal income tax rate. 

It is common to withdraw a 25% tax-free lump sum from your pot, and receive the remaining 75% of your pension savings as a flexi-access drawdown or as an annuity.

We’ll never leave you high and dry

Our customer support team is rated "Excellent" and is always on hand to help you. There are 3 ways you can contact us:
tick red icon

Log in to our website and chat to us

tick red icon

Email us on support@myraindrop.co.uk

tick red icon

Call us on 02039517253

Close Cookie Preference Manager
Cookie Settings
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage and assist in our marketing efforts.
Strictly Necessary (Always Active)
Cookies required to enable basic website functionality.
Made by Flinch 77
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.